Saturday, September 24, 2005

Creation of Pod 06

The concept of Pod 06 was actually a funk track with a few heavy sections thrown in hence the funk beat but the guitars ended up taking over so I ended up with a very heavy 'funk' track :-)
Beats were programmed first whilst I was writing the riffs and then I came back 2 days later to complete all the guitars. There was one doubled guitar part, a bass part (done on guitar again), the lead guitar, a clean funk part and then a final guitar for some minor funk injections. So a total of 6 guitars.
For the lead part, I utilised the super locrian scale which interconnected with the funk chords moving up in minor thirds. And the lead tapping synced with the odd time references for maximum effect. Like Pod 04, I wanted to increase the craziness at the end.

2 comments:

SinDee said...

I like it, I like it ;)

Ritchie said...

Why thankyou. Be sure to subscribe for future tracks :-)