Thursday, October 20, 2005

Creation of Pod 08

For Pod 08, I wanted to create a slow, heavy dirge of a track. It turned out even heavier than what I was expecting. This is good :-D
Guitars were tuned down to A for that totally heavy industrial sound. And when I say 'tuned down to A', my guitar was actually tuned to standard drop D tuning and I let the VG88 do the rest of the work (via processing). Even the bass part is my guitar tuned (via processing) down an incredible 2 octaves!! This is definately pushing the limits of technology and processing.... I would usually use a bass for something that low but I thought I'd stick with only using the VG88 for this podcast project.
The drums were programmed first for this track. Then 2 heavy guitars playing identical rhythm parts were recorded and finally the bass part. After that I did 2 improvised guitar solo's to run in unison. And voila.... This piece will be extended in the future. Hope you dug it... I did :-D
As always, comments are appreciated.

Technorati Tags: , , , , , ,

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ritchie said...

Spam will be removed as quickly as it's posted. Spammers should be lynched.

Unknown said...

Cool blog...

Ritchie said...

Cheers for the comment. Be sure to subscribe to the podcast and enjoy!!