Thursday, February 02, 2006

Creation of Pod 15

For Pod 15 I wanted to create a heavy stoner track. Why? I just bought the complete Kyuss discography from a closing down sale and it sounded like fun.
First I came up with the main guitar riff which the melodic parts of the riff can get a bit lost in the heaviness of the other parts. I then programmed a drum part for it. Guitar part one was then recorded. After that, the bass part was laid down (once again only using the guitar and the VG88) which doesn't follow the guitar line exactly but prettty close. Then came guitar 2 for some chordal colouring and extra heaviness. Guitar 2 also included the improvised solo which I went and dropped in on the next time round so transitions were smooth. The solo is a one take solo.... it's stoner rock after all :-D
Voila!

ps. Pod 16 will be up this weekend.

No comments: