Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Creation of Pod 16

For Pod 16, I simply wanted to create a cool grindcore song, eg. must have blast beats. This is the only song so far that didn't use my Ibanez Artist guitar with the gk pickup as that guitar was getting modified at the time. I still used the VG88 though but just using standard mag pickups.

First I wrote the drum beats and then created the riffs. There are 3 guitar parts in all. The main riffing guitar, bass (and I used an actual bass this time!! I didn't have access to a midi pickup), and lead guitar. As usual, the lead/solo parts was totally improvised. I think it was a one take solo again (from memory).

The track was originally only 30 odd seconds with no lead guitar. After a few listens I decided it's worthy of a greater duration and the lead part really spiced up the track. Pretty happy with it in the end. Grind on!! \m/

Technorati Tags: , , ,

No comments: