Saturday, March 11, 2006

Creation of Pod 17 & 18

The only idea I had worked out for Pod 17 was a single rhythm I was going to use in my band Murdergrin. From this rhythm arose what you hear as Pod 17. The photo contained in the mp3 is the rhythm that was used. There were two main riff tracks, a bass track and 3 layers of extra guitar material scattered throughout for dynamic effect and mood. I wrote the drums first for Pod 17. The end result I am very happy with :-)

I wanted Pod 18 to be a sustained sound. It's close but it ended up with it's own progression. The progression was the first thing I came up with using one sound. I then accompanied that part with an organ and a string type sound with the last half of the song being improvised. I then selected a Holdsworth type sound to improvise a tapped solo over the whole piece. Done!

No comments: